A Few of My Favorite Things: February 3rd

 I already have the April teaching angst and it's only February. For schools that have been in person the entire 2020-2021 school year, the burnout is real and constantly hovering over the shoulders of every teacher, administrator, and student. To combat the dark nights and the bitter cold, here are a few things bringing me joy right now!

1) "My Urge to Fail and Fail Again" by David Duchovny for The Atlantic


2) The soundtrack to the film Mary Shelley (2018) by Amelia Warner. I need to see this film! I love teaching Frankenstein and I wrote my Master's thesis on a work by Percy Bysshe Shelley.


3) "What Work Is" by Philip Levine (this is one of my husband's favorite poems).


4) This post about the Orkney Islands and its legacy of arts and crafts.


5) The Instagram account "Cheap Nordic Houses". I know I have posted about it before but that doesn't diminish my love for it!


6) This piece of art from Anthropologie.com


Stay well and stay joyful. xo


Comments

Popular Posts